The Center for Cancer Care & Research,
will specialize in the prompt detection, diagnosis, treatment, support and follow up care for patients with cancer and hematological disorders, as well as provide comprehensive access to a multitude of cancer services including the latest treatment options and clinical trials.
The Center is the only Lakeland facility affiliated with the world-renowned H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute. This relationship will enhance the quality of cancer care for Polk County patients and provide community-based physicians opportunities to participate in continuing professional education and the most advanced medical trials and collaborations.
Inside the Center for Cancer Care & Research (video)
- Randy Heysek, M.D., executive director
- Fred Schreiber, M.D., co-medical director
- Kamal Haider, M.D., co-medical director
- Stanley L. Piotrowski, chief administrative officer, Watson Clinic, LLP
- Adil R. Khan, chief administrative officer, Clark & Daughtrey Medical Group, P.A.
- Mary Ann Blanchard, RN, BS, Director of Clinical Services, Watson Clinic, (863) 680-7561
- Kim Stetson, Site Manager, Watson Clinic, (863) 603-4715
- Pamela Herbert, Site Manager, Clark & Daughtrey Medical Group, (863) 284-6969
The Center is equipped to provide a multitude of integrated services including:
Through the Center’s recent designation as an affiliate site of the Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG) and its relationship with Moffitt, patients can participate in the most up-to-date clinical trials. Several studies are in progress, involving lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (Active Studies). The Center also is initiating a tumor registry staffed by specially trained individuals who register all cancer patients according to their diagnosis, treatment and results. Each case is monitored for life to ensure there is the best possible outcome.